August has brought some experimenting in the studio. Some things aren’t ready for viewing, but I just finished this table runner and thought I would share it. I’ve had the same runner on my table for the last five or six years, and its useful life had passed a couple of years ago, but I never took the time to make something new.
I had some wonky circles left over from making pillows, so I put them together in a simple horizontal row, then added asymmetrical borders in green. I like the way the color values change in the circles–some are strongly outlined and others not so much.
This is quilted with vertical and horizontal lines to keep the linear feel of the runner and make the circles show up. If you right-click on the image you’ll be able to see it better.
Of course, now I need new placemats to go with it!